How to reach YU
There are several options to reach Yaşar University from Adnan Menderes Airport (Airport Code: ADB). Best two option is below.
Option 1: Get on HAVAŞ buses from the airport. The route of the bus is below:
Adnan Menderes Havalimanı–>Gaziemir–> Karabağlar–> Yeşildere–> Kahramanlar–> Basmane–> Çankaya–> Efes Oteli.
Get off the bus at Efes Hotel, Alsancak. Then hire a taxi from Efes Hotel to YU.
- The time table for Havaş busses from Adnan Menderes is not strict, depends on the arrivals of the planes. (Bus departs 20 minutes after arrival of a plane.)
- Havaş costs ₺10 per person.
- The distance between Efes Hotel and YU is about 9 kms and taxi costs approximately ₺ 22.
- Total duration is approximately 45 minutes.
Option 2: Get on IZBAN train from the airport. It takes you to Halkapınar transfer station. Then get on İzmir Metro. Get off the train at Bölge station (3 stops from Halkapınar).
- The time table for the İZBAN TRAIN is here: Take the second column (H.ALANI) into consideration.
- The arrival point is H.PINAR and it takes about 30 minutes from the airport.
- The ticket for İzmir Metro and the İzban Train is the same and it can be bought from the buffets in the airport or from the train station.
- The ticket includes 2 or 3 or 5 credits. Please don’t throw away after the first usage.
Option 3: Hire a taxi from the airport.
- It is the shortest option.
- The distance is about 30 km.s if you follow the peripheral highway and it costs about ₺ 75.